- Match: Bayelsa Queens vs Wadi Degla
- Group: B
- Venue: Prince Heritier Moulay El Hassan, Rabat
- Date: 06 November 2022
- Time: 20h00 Local time (19h00 GMT)
Head- to- head
- This game is the first meeting between the teams at the CAF WCL Finals.
- While this is Wadi Degla’s second appearance at the CAF WCL Finals, they face Nigerian opponents for the first time. At the 2021 edition as hosts they were draw in Group A while Bayelsa Queens rivals, Rivers Angels, were drawn in Group B, neither team made it to the last four, so they missed the chance of facing each other.
- Wadi Degla face West African opponents for a second time at the CAF WCL in 2021 in their final group game, a must win clash saw them come up against Hasaacas Ladies of Ghana the game ended 2-2 despite Wadi Degla twice leading.
- The Nigerian champions began with a 2-1 loss to defending Champions Mamelodi Sundowns, they bounced back to win their next game against TP Mazembe 2-0.
- In winning their second game after losing their opening game at the CAF WCL Finals Bayelsa Queens became the fourth side after Malabo Kings and Vihiga Queens in 2021, as well as Simba Queens at the current finals, to lose their opening game and then win their second game.
- Progression to the next round will seen Bayelsa Queens become the first team from Nigeria to reach the last four, their counterparts Rivers Angels exited the 2021 tournament at the group stages.
- Should Bayelsa Queens reach the Semi-finals they will become the second team from West Africa to do so along with the Ghanaian club Hasaacas Ladies, who ended as runners up in 2021.
- If Bayelsa Queens do not reach the last four it will be for the first time that there will be no West African representative in the Semi-finals at the CAF WCL.
- Should Bayelsa Queens reach the last four they will emulate the performance of the Nigerian national women’s national team, who made it to the last four of the recent 2022 WAFCON which was held in Morocco in July.
- A win for Bayelsa Queens will see them become the first Nigerian team at the CAF WCL to win two games.
- All five games involving Nigerian clubs at the CAF WCL have ended with a winner, none of the five games at the finals with either Rivers Angels or Bayelsa Queens has ended in a draw.
- Of the five games involving Nigerian clubs at the CAF WCL in four of these games has the winning team kept a clean sheet, only in Bayelsa Queens 2-1 loss to Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies at the current competition has both teams managed to score.
- Bayelsa Queens are the first Nigerian team to score in successive games at the CAF WCL, Rivers Angels failed to do so in their first two group games in 2021 losses to AS FAR and Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies. Before winning their final game 4-0 against Vihiga Queens.
- Should they keep a clean-sheet Bayelsa Queens will be the first team from West Africa to keep two clean-sheets at the CAF WCL Finals, in 2021 between the three WAFU representatives they kept just two clean-sheets.
- Ogoma Josephs who converted a penalty to open the scoring for Bayelsa Queens against TP Mazembe in their last game, had 89 touches of the ball more than any of her teammates.
- Grace Igboamalu scorer of Bayelsa Queens second goal in the win over TP Mazembe attempted six shots on target in the game, with all six shots being on target.
- In their win over TP Mazembe – Bayelsa Queens completed 397 passes to their opponents 297 passes, making a 100 passes more.
- Bayelsa Queens made 272 of their 397 passes against TP Mazembe in their opponents half.
- Against TP Mazembe the Nigerian club had a game high 97 final third entries.
- Bayelsa Goalkeeper Ange Bawou made four saves from the four shot she faced in the win against TP Mazembe.
Bayelsa Queens CAF WCL Record
P W D L GF GA GD GPG WIN%
2 1 0 1 3 1 2 1.5 50
- Have lost their opening two games at the 2022 CAF WCL, going down 0-1 to TP Mazembe before a 0-5 loss to Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies in their second game.
- Can reach the knockout rounds with a big win and a loss for TP Mazembe against Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies.
- Wadi Degla have lost their opening two games at a CAF WCL finals for the first time, in 2021 they won their opening game, then lost their second against Malabo Kings and drew their third against Hasaacas Ladies.
- Should they progress to the Semi-finals Wadi Degla will be the only team to reach the last four at the CAF WCL Finals having lost two games in the group stages.
- Wadi Degla are now winless in their last four games at the CAF WCL Finals (D1 L3), starting with their second group game against Malabo Kings in 2021 which ended in a 3-0 loss they then drew with Hasaacas Ladies in their final group game 2-2. At the current tournament they lost 1-0 to TP Mazembe and then 5-0 to Sundowns.
- Wadi Degla will be looking to avoid going five games at the CAF WCL finals winless and will be looking to avoid a third successive loss.
- Wadi Degla have played five games at the CAF WCL finals and are yet to keep a clean sheet. They are also yet to be involved in a goalless game at the finals.
- This will be Wadi Degla’s third game against West African opponents they went undefeated in their two previous games against them (W1 D1), at the 2021 finals they defeated Malian side AS Mandé 3-1 and drew 2-2 with Hasaacas Ladies.
- This is the first occasion at the CAF WCL that Wadi Degla have failed to score a goal in their opening two games.
Wadi Degla record at the CAF WCL Finals
P W D L GF GA GD GPG WIN%
5 1 1 3 5 12 -7 1 20