CAF Refereeing covers a wide range of educational and administrative functions.
- Organization of Elite Referee Courses.
- Organization of Elite Referee Instructors and Assessors courses.
- Organization of Refresher courses
- Monitoring and giving feedback to Referees at the individual Member Associations on their performances in all competitions administered by CAF.
- Preparation of teaching material for Referees, Instructors and Assessors.
- Establishment of development programs to increase the quality and quantity of Instructors at the national level within the CAF member associations
- Establishment of working programs with Zones for identical development of referees and referee coaches
- Appointment of Elite and Female and Futsal FIFA Referees, Assistant Referees and Assessors to the various competitions administered by CAF
- Monitoring Referee Instructors, Assessors and Referees performances and progress through submitted reports
- Monitoring and assisting Member Association Referees’ development.
- Filing and data entry of all fixtures and grading of Referees
- Database of Referee contacts and personal details
- Database of Referee equipment needs
- Database of Referee Fitness Reports
- Introduce innovative technologies such as Video Assistant Referee) VAR
- IT Technician support in debriefing
- Plan Referees Academy