Egyptian giants Al Ahly plays hosts to Moroccan counterparts Wydad, as the 2019-20 Total CAF Champions League semifinals reaches its second leg this Friday (23 October 2020) at the Cairo International Stadium, Cairo.
Mohamed Magdy "Afsha" and Ali Maaloul scored in each half to give Al Ahly a precious away 2-0 victory in Casablanca last weekend.
Before the return leg, CAFOnline.com takes a look at some match facts;
Previous CAF Champions League meetings: 9
Al Ahly wins: 3
Wydad wins: 2
Drawn games: 4
● Al Ahly Match Facts
· Al Ahly are Unbeaten in their last 8 CAF CL matches (W5 D3)
· Al Ahly are unbeaten in their four home Champions League games against Wydad Casablanca (W1 D3), with the last such match coming in October 2017 in the CAF Champions League final first leg.
· Al Ahly have won all their last 16 home CAF CL games, the longest streak in the competition history. They are unbeaten in the last 27 (W21 D6)
· Al Ahly have conceded only once in their last 11 home CAF CL matches
· Since 4 May 2018, Al Ahly have scored in each of their home CAF CL games
· Al Ahly are undefeated in their last 6 home clashes with Moroccan clubs in CAF CL (W3 D3)
· Since the start of the 2017 CAF Champions League campaign, Al Ahly’s Ali Maâloul has been directly involved in more goals than any other player (17 – 8 goals, 9 assists).
● Wydad Match Facts
· Wydad Casablanca have lost their last two CAF Champions League games, never have they lost three in a row in the competition.
· Wydad have just 3 losses in their last 11 CAF CL matches (W5 D3)
· Wydad have won only one of their last 9 away CAF CL games (D4 L4)
· Wydad have kept just 5 clean sheets out of their last 18 CAF CL away games
· Wydad have not won in any of their 4 visits to Al Ahly in CAF CL (D3 L1)
· Wydad have scored only one goal in their last three CAF Champions League away trips to Al Ahly, although that goal did come in their most recent such encounter.
· Wydad have scored in just three of their last 9 away CAF CL fixtures