Prince Moulay Abdellah Complex in Moroccan capital Rabat will be the venue when Egypt’s Pyramids lock horns with Morocco’s RS Berkane, as the 2019-20 Total CAF Champions League reaches its final on Sunday 25 October 2020.
Following are some of the match facts;
· In their first ever appearance, Pyramids are looking to be the second debutant in the last six CAF Confederation Cup campaigns to lift the trophy after Raja Casablanca in 2018
· In case they win, Pyramids will be the third Egyptian side to win the CAF Confederation Cup (after Al Ahly 2014 and Zamalek 2018-19)
· Pyramids FC have lost only two of their 15 matches in the CAF Confederation Cup (W12 D1)
· Pyramids FC have won all their 8 matches played away from home in the CAF Confederation Cup
· Pyramids FC are meeting a Moroccan opposition in the Confederation Cup for the first time.
· Pyramids FC have kept 5 clean sheets from their last 8 games in the CAF Confederation Cup.
· A win for RS Berkane will see them become 5th different Moroccan side to lift CAF Confederation Cup trophy (FAR Rabat, FUS Rabat, Maghreb Fès and Raja Casablanca) , however a loss in the final will see them become the only side to finish runners-up on two occasions in the competition
· RS Berkane will be facing an Egyptian team in the CAF Confederation Cup final for the second successive season. They lost 3-5 in a penalty shootout against Zamalek last season after drawing 1-1 on aggregate
· RS Berkane have won two, drawn two and lost two of their 6 meetings with Egyptian clubs in the CAF Confederation Cup
· RS Berkane have lost just once of their last 10 matches in the competition (W6 D3)
· RS Berkane have scored in 9 out of their last 10 Confederation Cup matches.
· RS Berkane have managed to keep four clean sheets in their last 10 CAF Confederation Cup fixtures