At its meeting on Thursday, 10 September 2020 via video-conference, the CAF Executive Committee took the following decisions;
The Committee ratified the decisions of the CAF Emergency Committee on the resumption of the qualifiers for the Total Africa Cup of Nations Cameroon 2021 qualifiers and the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
Ordinary General Assembly 2020
The CAF Ordinary General Assembly 2020 is scheduled on 11 December 2020 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. However, and due to the health crisis and safety restrictions, Tanzania will be a backup option. Should the situation not improve, the Ordinary General Assembly is to be held by videoconference.
Elective General Assembly 2021 and the schedule of the elections
The CAF Elective General Assembly 2021 is to be held on 12 March 2021 in Rabat, Morocco. The timeline relating to the electoral process to the Presidency and to the CAF Executive Committee is as follows:
· 11 September 2020: Opening of the reception of candidatures
· 12 November 2020: Closing of the reception of candidatures
· 11 January 2021: Communication of the names of the candidates to all the national associations
· 12 March 2021: Elective General Assembly
Total African Nations Championship
· Initially scheduled for 4-25 April 2020 and postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the final tournament of the Total African Nations Championship Cameroon 2020 will now take place on 16 January to 7 February 2021.
In addition, the 4th substitution rule in the event of extra time at the knockout stages of the competitions will be applied.
· The final tournament of the Total African Nations Championship Algeria 2022 will be rescheduled to January 2023. The exact dates are to be discussed with the Algerian Football Federation.
CAF Women’s Champions League
· Each of the Six CAF Zones will organize qualifiers to determine the finalists for the eight (8) team tournament. The breakdown is as one team from each zone, one team from the host country and one additional team. For the maiden edition, the zonal union of the host country will have two representatives. However, for subsequent editions, the host country will have only one representative whilst the Zonal Union of the defending champion will qualify two teams.
· Format of the competition
The eight qualified teams will be drawn into two groups of four teams each in accordance with the regulations.
· The competition will be held annually and during the second half of the year
Total Women’s Africa Cup of Nations 2022
· The final tournament will be played in July 2022.
Beach Soccer Africa Cup of Nations 2020
· Senegal has been declared host of the final tournament. The finalists will represent Africa at the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup Russia 2021. The details of the final tournament will be communicated in due course.
Bid opening for the upcoming competitions
The process of launching the bids to the following competitions is now open:
- Women’s Champions League 2021 & 2022
- Total Women’s Africa Cup of Nations – 2022
- Beach Soccer Africa Cup of Nations 2022
- Total U-17 Africa Cup of Nations – 2023
- Total U-20 Africa Cup of Nations – 2023
- Total U-23 Africa Cup of Nations – 2023
- Total CAF Champions League Final 2021, 2022 and 2023
- Total CAF Confederation Cup Final 2021, 2022 and 2023
Total U-17 Africa Cup of Nations Morocco 2021
· Following a request by the Royal Moroccan Football Federation, the final tournament has been rescheduled for 13 – 31 March 2021.
An amendment to the MRI test regulations was approved so as to disqualify any team that has even one ineligible player.
Interclubs 2020/21 Calendar
In light of restrictions in the Kingdom of Morocco as a result of COVID-19 pandemic leading to constraints in air travel, the remaining matches of the Total CAF Champions League and Total CAF Confederation Cup has been rescheduled following a request by the Royal Moroccan Football Federation to make way for easy travel of the participating clubs.
The change in schedule has automatically affected the calendar of the 2020/21 season, which has been adjusted accordingly.
The new schedule is as follows;
*Total CAF Champions League 2019/20
First Leg: 17 & 18 October 2020
Second Leg: 23 & 24 October 2020
6 November 2020
*Total CAF Confederation Cup 2019/20
-Semi-Final: 19 & 20 October 2020
-Final: 25 October 2020
Interclub 2020/21 season
1st registration period: 21 October - 10 November 2020
2nd registration period: 11 – 30 November 2020
Preliminary round: 27-29 November 2020 & 4-6 December 2020
2nd Preliminary round: 22-23 December 2020 & 5-6 January 2021
Approval of merging the Governance Committee and the Audit and Compliance Committee to form one body, namely the Governance Committee with a sub-committee in charge of Audit and Compliance.
Establishment of an Ethics subcommittee as a part of the Disciplinary Committee.
Appointment of Mr. Yassin Osman as Independent Bodies Coordinator.