South African giants Mamelodi Sundowns rewrote history on Friday (27 September 2019) night as they recorded the biggest ever victory in the history of the CAF Champions League, beating Seychelle’s Cote d’Or 11-1 in Pretoria.
Sundowns reached the group stage winning 16-1 in aggregate, but most importantly shattered the record of biggest win in the premier continental club competition history in grand style.
Moroccan Difaa Jadida held the CAF Champions League biggest win record for a bit over a year since they defeated Guinnea Bissau club Benfica 10-0 at the preliminary round in 2018.
Here are the five biggest wins in the history of CAF Champions League:
(1) Mamelodi Sundowns (South Africa) 11-1 Cote d’Or (Seychelles) / First Round – 2019-20
(2) Difaa Jadida (Morocco) 10-0 Bissau e Benfica (Guinea Bissau) / Preliminary round – 2018
(3) Raja Casablanca (Morocco) 10-1 Tourbillon (Chad) / Preliminary round – 2011
(4) Al Ahly (Egypt) 9-0 Atlabara (South Sudan) / Preliminary Round – 2019-20
(4) MC Alger (Algeria) 9-0 AS Otoho (Congo) / Preliminary round – 2018
(4) Kabwe Warriors (Zambia) 9-0 Majantja (Lesotho) / Preliminary round – 1972